Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blurry...

Today is just one to add in the bucket. It's a bit funny, ... Me, back in school. Oh ya. My classes began this week. What a gong show... Sorry for not posting sooner. I'll blame the College just because I can. Now, I'll fill you as to why;

Late last week, while out of town, I contacted the College and inquired as to why I haven't been notified of acceptance into the nursing programs (EMT-A) I applied for in early December. And, oh and its a big AND... They, they misplaces my... "how do I put it"... File. Yup my whole file. Like what the heck! How on earth can the administrative staff lose a potential students file??? I was frustrated at this.... WTF. My Program App, Crim Rec check, Vaccination report, Cover letter, Driving Trans., Copy of my Class4 Drivers license, My ALB Learning Transcripts, Resume, Copies of my Pre-Req credentials.... GONE... What did they do? Walk away... Man oh man,...

And silly little ol'me just kept my cool while on the tele (I was raging on the inside), I chalked it up to the busy holiday season, and the fact I live on another planet; (it feels like it sometimes)
But, but who does that? Oh, and get this, the only record the computer system showed was that I paid the application fee. WTH, 45$... GOD... Its not like I can whip everything up on a flash... most of the documents are official and cannot be copied.

Here's how it was. Course starts in two days. To get everything it would take at least 18 days (Crim Rec Check takes that long)... I phoned up many of the heads; Nursing Dept, Addmin, Cash Dept, Course Inst, and Student Serv. Luckily and gratefully everyone was willing to help and search as to what and why this happened. Phoned up my BF (Best friend), who was on the road leaving the city for the Big City. He came to my rescue. (Thank God). He turned around and headed back home so he can personally deliver the photocopies of all the records I turned into the college. (So happy I'm a geek, covering my ass and all) My BF is my BF because he/we lookout for each other like this. So awesome. I didn't even have to ask, I was just venting to him because if I didn't I'd explode, and he foresaw a way to help. Now only if he was Gay and not so skinny... lol

Dilemma ends because the college conditionally accepted me. I'm In. TFG....

So, Class started this week. The days are blurring together a bit. I have to get back into the study and research mode. This course is so harsh too. No easing the students in. Thrown in, and its swim or drown. Day one was Cell Anatomy and Physiology. Down to the basics. Makes sense, I took human anatomy and physiology in college. Its amazing how much info the brain can recall even over a large time period. I've been out of college for ummm.... ten years... Its coming back to me. I have a bit of an advantage over some of the students learning this for the first time.

oh wow. So Sorry. Have to cut this short. Have to jet. I work my volunteer shift at SJA in a few...
Ahh... busy busy busy.... I'll try to post again tomorrow.

Cheers

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment